SESSIONS #1, #2, #3: ETHICS & INTEGRITY
Moderators: Ingrid Bergmann & Mary Garden
Mentor Panelists: Margaret Biggs, George Abbott, Lynda Tarras, Allan Seckel, Cairine MacDonald & David Loukidelis
This session focuses on the subtleties of leading with authenticity, and decision making from the perspective of ethics, integrity and impartiality as defined below by the BC Office of the Auditor General (2017).
- “Ethics is fundamental to good governance and good government. Ethics are moral principles that inform and guide individual and group behaviour. It is about bringing people together to share a set of values. Ethical behaviour is about people knowing what is right and what is wrong and doing what is right - even when no one else is looking.”
- "Integrity – [To] put the interests of the public and the public service above your own personal interests and avoid all conflicts of interest, whether real or perceived.”
- “Impartiality – [To] provide advice and recommendations free from preference or prejudice.
- The role culture plays in ensuring ethical behaviour
- The value of having a checklist that sets out the steps to follow in the event of an investigation
- What to do with a brown envelope of other whistle-blower complaint
- The importance of putting aside personal interests in decision making
- The need to allow time for delayed reactions and healing after a significant event
- Who to involve in these situations and when.
PROGRAM INFORMATION | firstname.lastname@example.org | Victoria, BC 778-677-6550
***Please note that the opinions expressed in Resource Room materials, or by any of the Mentor Presenters during the course of this program, do not necessarily represent the opinions or positions of Ingrid Bergmann and Associates Inc., The Public Sector Leader, the Inside Public Sector Leadership: Practical Wisdom (IPSL) production team, or any other person(s) involved in the delivery, production or support of these programs. All materials and information on this website is intended for the sole use of registered attendees of IPSL only. © 2019 Ingrid Bergmann and Associates Inc.