HOW IS YOUR POLITICAL ACUMEN?:
Welcome to Inside Public Sector Leadership, a live, on-line mentorship program designed to explore the unwritten protocols and grey areas that leaders in today’s public service need to navigate in an environment of increasingly centralized decision making, a stronger political service, permanent campaigning, big data and a 24/7 news cycle.
This inter-active course brings attention to these topics through stories of experience told by experts who have been there - those leaders who have previously held senior bureaucratic roles or elected office in provincial and federal governments in Canada.
Our expert panelists will answer audience questions and offer their perspectives on how to approach the challenges you face to succeed and advance in your career. Watch the live panels and have access to audio/visual recordings to review afterwards as many times as you like. We look forward to seeing you this spring for an all new session of Inside Public Sector Leadership.
Your Co-Hosts, Ingrid Bergmann & Mary Garden
Take the IPSL SELF-ASSESSMENT SURVEY and find out more about your understanding of political acumen and the skills required to be successful in public service today.
A conversation with Ingrid & Mary
about Political Acumen.
Self-Assessment Survey Link.
Key Program Takeaways:
- Greater clarity about all the aspects of political acumen that enable you to demonstrate sound judgement, plan an approach, deliver excellent advice and provide stewardship of policy, programs and services;
- An increased understanding of how to navigate and deliver in a political setting to achieve the goals of government;
- A better understanding of the ADM, DM and other senior roles in public service;
- Greater insights into the importance of situational awareness and situational intelligence and how to improve your skills in this area;
- A better understanding of the key relationships in government and what's involved in going from an election platform to operational reality;
- A greater understanding of how to develop your own Political Presence and why this is critical to your success;
- A stronger understanding of how to manage the media and how to remain agile and calm when leading or participating in issues management activities;
- Specific information about about common career blind spots so that you can learn how to identify and manage your own;
- An improved perspective on what matters when you are faced with issues that challenge ethics or integrity personally and professionaly.
PROGRAM INFORMATION | email@example.com | Victoria, BC 778-677-6550
*Please note that the opinions expressed in Resource Room materials, or by any of the Mentor Presenters during the course of this program, do not necessarily represent the opinions or positions of Ingrid Bergmann and Associates Inc., the Inside Public Sector Leadership: Practical Wisdom (IPSL) and IPSL 2.0 production team, or any other person(s) involved in the delivery, production or support of these programs. All materials and information on this website is intended for the sole use of registered attendees of IPSL and IPSL 2.0 only. © 2018 Ingrid Bergmann and Associates Inc.